• Impart quality education and encourage scientific temper within our students.
• Apply theoretical knowledge with practical skills.
• Encourage basic and applied research in technically related fields.
• Provide access to all fragments of the subject to pursue higher education.
• Inculcate moral values and principles among students.
• Hasten the process of generating a knowledgeable society.
• To organize and sustain efficient operating systems in the department for realization of our objectives as an institute of excellence.
• To develop policy in the department for constant improvement.
• We showcase our UG student’s projects at the end of the year exhibition cum competition to encourage project learning amongst students.
• Students are motivated to take research oriented projects with guidance from expert faculty, in diverse fields like Nanotechnology, Material science, Electronics, Wireless communication.
• Students and faculty present their research work in International and national conferences.
• Seminars are compulsory for T.Y.B.Sc. and M.Sc. students on practicals and theory.
• Syllabus is updated every year.
• Astronomy club activities like Sky observation,Telescope handling workshop are taken by the department.
• Guidance lectures from experts in diverse fields of Physics from institutions like BARC, TIFR are organized by the department.
• Ex-students pursuing higher education in Germany, U.S.A., U.K. and Europe provide guidance to B.Sc. and M.Sc,. students.
Activities of the Department
The Department of Physics successfully conducted two webinars on 29th May, 2020 titled, “Anderson Localization Random Lasers” and the other on 18th May, 2020 titled, “Synthesis and Evolution of Third Generation Solar Cells”. There were around 80 to 100 participants in each of them. The department was very proud to host Dr. Sushil Mujumdar, Nano-optics and Mesoscopic Optics Laboratory, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai and Dr. Archana Kalekar, Assistant Professor, Department of Physics, Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai as the eminent speakers for the webinars.
Annual Project Exhibition ‘INFINITY’
On 2nd and 3rd Jan, 2020 the Department of Physics organized its annual festival-project exhibition INFINITY, where projects designed- constructed by students most of them are working models with guidance from the department faculty are showcased. These projects are exhibited in the laboratory, where the students demonstrate, explain the working to the Teachers, students, as well as visitors with non science background from Ruia College as well as from nearby colleges and schools This festival enhances the student’s interest in the subject.